Program on etalks.tv:
Paul Gifford was born in Wellington, New Zealand, is Professor emeritus for African Christianity and was deputy head of department at the institute for science of religion at the School of Oriental and African Studies at the University of London (SOAS). Paul Gifford lives in Senegal.
His field of expertise covers Christianity, recent developments of African Christianity and its socio-political role and Africa’s new Pentecostal churches.
- Christianity, Politics, and Public Life in Kenya (2009),
- Ghana’s New Christianity: Pentecostalism in a Globalising African Economy (2003),
- Exporting the American Gospel: Global Christian Fundamentalism (1996),
- The Religious Right in Southern Africa (1988).
Selected Publications on Amazon:
- Christianity, Politics, and Public Life in Kenya