April 10, 2013, Albert Schweitzer Haus
- Yvan Maillard Ardenti | Brot für Alle | Transparency Int’l Switzerland
- Agnes Kirabo | Uganda Land Alliance
- Philip Seufert | FIAN International
- Franz Schmidjell | VIDC Wiener Institut
- Brigitte Reisenberger | FIAN Österreich
Investors from China, India, the Gulf States, but also European funds and banks expel thousands of small-scale farmers from their land. In 2010, the OECD presented a study that estimated the total volume of investments in farmland and agricultural infrastructure at 10 to 25 bilion US dollars. Almost half of these funds are located in Europe. On the one hand high food prices and increasing demand for biofuels and on the other hand favorable land prices let them expect high rates of return.